Standard awards are a unique feature of VTTA membership. Standards awards can prove a significant achievement and a motivator as we grow older. But the Standards system and claiming for awards can seem complicated to newcomers (and some long-time members as well!). There is a section on the website that explains Standards, your Standard ‘Plus’ and claiming for Awards that you can read here. But briefly summarised what you have to do to win a standard award is:
- Pay to enter for standard awards before you start attempting rides, either online when you join or renew (or later via your My Profile page) or by sending a cheque to your group. See your group page for the price for their standard awards.
- Decide at what distances or times you want to compete (10, 15, 25 ,30 , 50 and 100 miles, and 12 and 24 hours)
- Work out the plus you need for gaining an award at your chosen events – in your first year you just have to beat the standard time for your age and gender. In subsequent years you have to improve on your plus (unless set more than 3 years ago in which case you can start again).
- Ride your chosen events - all CTT open events as shown on their website and in their handbook are eligible for standard claims (not just VTTA events).
- If you achieve a standard download a copy of the result sheet from the CTT website showing the evidence of your time.
- At the end of the season complete a claim form (available here) and send it with the relevant result sheets to your group recorder.
- For each standard achieved you will receive an engraved medal and if you achieve four or more you will receive an engraved plaque – to proudly display to family and friends.
Why not set yourself a standards award challenge this season ?