Joining the VTTA through a Regional Group makes you eligible for Group and National Events and Competitions and various trophies and awards. You also receive the Veteran magazine 4 times a year and the annual Handbook.
1. New Members - First Select Your Regional Group
See the Groups Explained page here. Members normally belong to their local Group but you may choose any of the Regional Groups. Each Group sets its own membership fees which can be found on each Group's page. For postal applications please note the contact details of the Group Secretary or Membership Secretary. Having chosen a Group then proceed to make an online application (see section 3 below) or send a postal application (section 4 below).
2. Current Members - Online Registration
If you are a current member and wish to register on the online system so you can view and update your details, and make renewal payments when due, then please click HERE.
3. Online Applications and Renewals
To join or renew your membership please click HERE.
Notes on using the online system:
- For online membership you register your first name, surname and date of birth, and the Regional Group required. If a new member you will then be asked to enter your full details. If you are a recent member who has not yet renewed for 2018, the system may hold your past membership record and will ask you to confirm your details. If we do not hold a past record then you will be treated like a new member.
- All applicants will then proceed to pay the appropriate membership fee for your chosen group. You may add the payment to compete for standards awards and any donation to the VTTA. If you are a couple applying for joint membership you may add details for the second member as you go through this process.
- Your card payment will be processed securely. We include a £1 admin fee to cover our banking charges for card payments.
- There is an option to register your membership online as above but to send a cheque to your group membership secretary. In this case on the checkout screen select ‘postal payment’. Your membership secretary will then confirm your membership when they have received the cheque.
- Once you have joined/renewed, if you access the website again your name will appear in the top right corner and if you click here you will have the options to view and edit your personal details and to see your payment history.
- If your name does not appear (for example because you are using a different device or have signed out) then click on the Login button to enter your email and password.
- For screen-by-screen guidance on using the online system see the guides for New and Existing members in the Documents area
4. Postal Applications and Renewals
This involves three simple steps:
i) Download the Membership Form - select the form here either:
- National Membership Form (in Word)
- National Membership Form (in pdf)
- Scottish Group membership Form
ii) Complete the Membership Form - please provide all details requested
iii) Send the Form with a cheque for the appropriate membership fee to the Secretary of the group of your choice.
On receipt of your application
The Group Secretary will formally approve your application and send you details about the Group. The National Membership Secretary will send you a welcome pack which includes a copy of the latest Veteran magazine and the current Handbook.