Joining the VTTA through a Regional Group makes you eligible for Group and National Events and Competitions and various trophies and awards. You also receive the Veteran magazine 4 times a year and the annual Handbook.
Membership – How to Join
1. Select your Regional Group
See the Groups Explained page here. Most members belong to a local group but you may choose any of the Regional Groups. Each group sets its own membership fees which can be found on each group's page along with the contact details of the Group Secretary or Membership Secretary.
2. Online or Post
Online membership is now available for three of our groups: Midlands, Notts & E Midlands and Surrey/ Sussex. (You can still join these groups or renew by postal application). In 2018 we are rolling out Online membership to all our Groups.
See section 3 for Online applications.
Otherwise membership applications are by post. See section 4 below.
3. Online Membership Trial - Midlands, Notts & East Midlands and Surrey/ Sussex groups
The trial of the online membership system started on Monday 26th February.
To join or renew your membership of one of these groups online please click HERE.
Notes on using the online system:
- For online membership you register your first name, surname and date of birth, the Regional Group required, and whether you were a VTTA member in 2017. If you were, the system will locate your current membership record and ask you to confirm your details. If not you will need to enter your details in full.
- You will then proceed to pay the appropriate membership fee for your group. You may add the payment to compete for standards awards and any donation to the VTTA. If you are a couple applying for joint membership you may add details for the second member as you go through this process.
- Your card payment will be processed securely. We include a £1 admin fee to cover our banking charges for card payments.
- There is an option to register your membership online as above but to send a cheque to your group membership secretary. In this case on the checkout screen select ‘postal payment’. Your membership secretary will then confirm your membership when they have received the cheque.
- Once you have joined/renewed, if you access the website again your name will appear in the top right corner and if you click here you will have the options to view and edit your personal details and to see your payment history. If you name does not appear and you want to see your details then go to www.vtta.org.uk/login and enter your email and password. (It depends on whether you clicked the ‘remember me’ option).
4. Postal Applications
This involves three simple steps:
i) Download the Membership Form - select the form here either:
- National Membership Form (in Word)
- National Membership Form (in pdf)
- Scottish Group membership Form
ii) Complete the Membership Form - please provide all details requested
iii) Send the Form with a cheque for the appropriate membership fee to the Secretary of the group of your choice.
5) On receipt of your application
The Group Secretary will acknowledge your application and send you details about the Group. The National Membership Secretary will send you a welcome pack which includes a copy of the latest Veteran magazine and the current Handbook.